Time to get another project underway. I posted about the Patchwork & Stitching Tumbling Spools design a while back and I have now started work. The size of the pieces is good for using up scraps – the biggest spool piece you have to cut is a rectangle that’s 2 1/4 by 5 3/4 inches and then there are the spool ends that are just half square triangles.
Compared to making stars, as in my most recent project, this was pretty easy but I was very concerned that the cutting instructions weren’t quite right. The components just seemed too big for a 5 1/2 inch block. Here they are laid out.
The only thing to do of course was try it, which I did last night. Seems it’s going to be OK.
I’m safe to keep going.
By the way the two straight edges were $12 or so at my local hardware chain. Just for a change, from that particular chain, the quality is fine and the price was excellent. You just never know what discount quilting tools you might be able to find in a hardware store.